People with passion and vision are central to how communities make decisions, and how projects and services are ultimately delivered. In support of the role our residents hold, The Rural City of Wangaratta is excited to announce our 2016 Community Leadership programs!
The aim of the program is to support Wangaratta’s emerging leaders to:
· develop their leadership skills in a supportive environment
· encourage involvement in our community’s Committees and Boards;
· establish new and exciting links with like-minded people;
· meet and work with Wangaratta’s decision makers
· and contribute to a culture where community leadership is a recognised and rewarding activity.
Eligible applicants will participate in a four session program covering subjects such as; foundational leadership, leading others, leadership skills, public speaking, strategic planning and leading change. The program schedule has been developed in consideration of today’s busy working resident, with workshops scheduled for three full Sunday sessions and one weeknight.
There are three programs confirmed for 2016.
Sunday 7th February 9.30am – 4.30pm
Sunday 14th February 9.30am -4.30pm
Sunday 21st February 9.30am- 4.30pm
Monday 29th February 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Sunday 3rd April 9.30am – 4.30pmSunday 10th April 9.30am – 4.30pm
Sunday 17th April 9.30am – 4.30pm
Wednesday 27th April 5.30pm – 8.30pm
Sunday 1st May 9.30am – 4.30pmSunday 8th May 9.30am – 4.30pm
Sunday 15th May 9.30am – 4.30pm
Monday 23rd May 5.30pm – 8.30pm
Expressions of Interest are welcome for all three programs scheduled for the first half of 2016, however please note that for the later programs expressions of interest will be evaluated, and successful applicants notified, closer to the commencement of the session chosen.
If you have questions or want to talk about the program, please contact Zoe Giglio, Executive Assistant Community Wellbeing Department on 5722 0720.
All information, including the Expression of Interest form is available as attached, at Council’s website (www.wangaratta.vic.gov.au) and at customer Service at the Government Centre.
To participate please submit your Expression of Interest by:
· e-mailing Council at firstname.lastname@example.org;
· by mail to Rural City of Wangaratta, P.O. Box 238 Wangaratta Vic 3676; or
· by dropping it off at the Wangaratta Government Centre, Cnr Ford and Ovens Streets, Wangaratta.
Community Projects Officer
Rural City of Wangaratta
P: 5722 0824
M: 0427 881 095
Victorian Tidy Town of the Year Winner 2013
Wangaratta Council is now on Twitter! Follow @WangRuralCity for all Council events and updates