THE 41ST ANNUAL OXLEY BUSH MARKET WHICH WAS TO BE HELD ON SATURDAY OCTOBER 31 2020 WAS CANCELLED DUE TO THE UNCERTAINTY SURROUNDING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
IT WILL BE RE SCHEDULED TO SATURDAY OCTOBER 30 2021
The 41st Annual Oxley Bush Market will be held this year on Saturday 30th October 2021 at the historic Oxley Shire Hall (1875).
Thousands of visitors flock to Oxley for this annual event and wander among the 175 stalls boasting a variety of home-made, home-produced, home-grown and new items. The event attracts stallholders from throughout the North East, as well as all corners of Victoria and southern New South Wales. Over and above the enormous range of high quality goods on sale, visitors will be delighted by the variety of gourmet food on offer, the buskers, the rides and just the sheer activity and vibrancy of the event.
The market also has a fantastic raffle with over 30 prizes donated by local businesses from Wangaratta, the Milawa Gourmet and King Valley regions, ranging from accommodation vouchers to food and wine hampers. Please come along to the market and help support our local community by buying a ticket. Money raised recently has helped us to install playground and picnic facilities at the Oxley Memorial Park.
The Oxley market is valued for the contribution it makes to many local fundraising groups, including schools, kindergartens, service clubs, fire brigades, the Cancer Council and the Royal Children’s Hospital Auxiliary.
IF YOU WISH TO BE ADDED TO THE MAILING LIST FOR FUTURE MARKETS, PLEASE SEND YOUR EMAIL OR POSTAL ADDRESS TO OXLEYHALL@GMAIL.COM
- Stall positions will be allocated by the organising committee. A plan of the stall layout will be available from 6.30am on the morning of the Market. Prior entry to the site is prohibited and no stalls may be set up before this time.
- All saleable goods must be home-grown, hand-made, home-produced or new items, and must be of a high quality. NO trash, treasure or used items are permitted.
- HEALTH REGULATIONS FOR ANY FOOD, EDIBLE ITEMS, ETC
- Organisations and private individuals who wish to market these items should contact the Rural City of Wangaratta (03) 57220888 for current information about the regulations.
- PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
- Please bring a copy of the paperwork with you to the Market– do not post it with your application.
- The Oxley Bush Market goes ahead regardless of the weather conditions.
- NO DOGS are permitted at the Market – except Guide dogs.
- Smoking is not permitted within the Hall grounds.
- A limited number of stall spaces are available inside the hall. Inside spaces may be irregularly shaped. They are allocated according to the suitability of the product marketed.
- Vehicles should be removed from the site if possible due to the limited area available. If this is not possible then the vehicle must be parked within the stall space or another space must be paid for.
- For safety reasons, no vehicle movement in hall grounds is permitted until the Market finishes at 3pm and stalls MUST NOT be packed up before this time.
- COSTS IN 2019 WERE
Single stall – 4m long x 3m deep – $66.00 (incl.GST)
Double stall – 8m long x 3m deep – $155.00 (incl. GST)
Triple stall (maximum allowable) – 12m long x 3m deep – $300.00 (incl. GST)
Powered sites (limited number) – you must have approved, tagged leads – $25.00 per site EXTRA
- APPLICATION PROCESS – Applications close in mid September.
- Your application can not be considered unless we receive
1. Your completed application form
2. Full payment
3. A stamped, self addressed envelope
- We are restricted by space to 175 sites. The Oxley Bush Market Committee is keen to ensure the widest possible variety of goods on sale. All applications returned by the due date will be considered by the Committee.
- You will be notified if you have been successful in gaining a site by late September.
- If you have been unsuccessful, your payment will be returned in full by late September.
- There are no refunds for cancellations once you have been notified of successfully gaining a site.